- Participating colleges will be slotted, marked and awarded in three categories viz.
i) under 1500 students,
ii) 1500 to 3000 students,
iii) over 3000 students.
The competition will run until February 28, 2014.
- A college will compete and score in the VOTEATHON! on two levels:
i) Registering citizens as eligible voters by conducting voter registration drives in college(s), neighborhood(s), and corporate(s). Each valid voter registration will contribute to the college's VOTEATHON! score;
ii) Testing the Civic Quotient (CQ) of its own students through a College CQ Poll where students will be randomly tested on their general knowledge about the countries parliamentary / political set up and functioning. Each correct answer will contribute to the college's VOTEATHON! Score. Colleges can organize and/or conduct drives in neighborhoods and/or corporates in close coordination with the local IVBI team and will be specially awarded for such initiatives.
- Before commencing any VOTEATHON! activity, the college must identify its competing category and fill up the College Enrollment Form.
- Colleges are free to choose their methodology to approach people and the target audience. IVBI will conduct training sessions to empower college leaders. IVBI will provide all college teams with adequate forms, posters, banners, standees, trainings, and FAQs.
- The college must ensure that all forms collected have been recorded in a data sheet as per the template made available by IVBI.
VBI will monitor the performance of a college on the following parameters.
- For particular college, per student voter registration – 10 points
For particular college, per female voter registration – 10 bonus points
For particular college, per voter registration in the age group of 18-19 years – 10 bonus points
(For example: For particular college, a fresh female voter registration in the age group of 18-19 years earns 10+10+10 = 30 points in total) Per 20 voter registrations from a neighborhood / corporate drive – 50 bonus
Per correct answer on student poll - 10 points
Only valid registration applications will be taken into account while determining scores i.e. applications rejected by the ERO (Electoral Registration Officer) at the threshold will not be considered. IVBI's decision will be deemed final in this regard.
- It is the responsibility of the college to ensure that the acknowledgement receipts issued by the ERO (Electoral Registration Officer) for every application submitted to him/her are forthwith delivered to the applicant student or staff member) once they are handed over by IVBI to the students in-charge named in the College Enrolment Form. IVBI shall not be responsible for any loss of receipts once they have been so handed over. So far as the receipts issued against applications collected in neighborhood and/or corporate drives are concerned, IVBI shall be solely responsible for their delivery.
- Any voter registrations undertaken by a college prior to its enrolment in VOTEATHON! may be taken into account while determining the college score
subject to adequate proof being produced by the college and shall be considered at the sole discretion of the IVBI team. The VOTEATHON! Trophy will be presented to the college with the highest score in each competing category at a grand Award Ceremony.
- In addition, awards will also be especially given to 15 outstanding students not necessarily from the winning college chosen by IVBI for their remarkable contributions towards increasing the number of registered voters and/or voter awareness among the youth.
- While all colleges participating in the VOTEATHON! will receive media coverage, the colleges excelling in their respective categories will be especially acknowledged and recognized for their sensitivity towards the civic responsibility of young citizens in a democracy.
- Failure to comply with any of the a foresaid guidelines will result in the college being disqualified from the competition. All decisions taken by IVBI with respect to the VOTEATHON! shall be final and binding on all participating colleges. IVBI reserves the right to modify / amend these Guidelines as and when deemed necessary at its own discretion and will.
Note: 'Volunteer For A Better India' is a non–partisan, non-political, non-religious and non-sectarian with clean antecedents, working closely with election commission for increasing voter registration and voting awareness in the country.